Monday, June 1, 2009

I have my doggies to comfort me!!

John is still in Russia and Linda left this morning.  What a wonderful week I had with Linda.  If you look up the word friend in the dictionary, you will see Linda's picture.  When she came last Monday, she brought home made dishes for every single night she was here. She had prepared them at home and brought them. We had chicken salad, veggie soup, beef stew, and so much more and ALL made from scratch.  Now I will go back to my tv dinners and frozen pizzas.

Since Linda and I are both from Charleston, SC we LOVE boiled peanuts and nobody makes boiled peanuts like the street vendors in Charleston. So we bought 2 lbs of peanuts and made them the old fashioned southern way.  They boiled for over 12 hours and were delicious!!! 

We went to Ikea one day and I walked what felt like the entire store. I had to sit down and rest a lot but by the time we finished our trip, my ankles were hurting more than my knees.  I will say that I took ALL of the next day to rest up.  My knees were quite sore cuz I had used muscles and tendons and ligaments that I didn't even know I had.  Once I was up and walking again, my knees were better than ever.  I should do that every single week.  There were lots of little trips for her and we spent our evenings talking about all that we had been through over these past 30 years and just sat around watching tv.  What a wonderful and relaxing week.  Linda helped me re-pot some plants and she seemed to be working too hard.  She took very good care of me and I hated to see her leave this morning.  

She brought her precious doggie, Murphy with her and so we had the 3 dogs to watch play all week also.  The three of them are so cute together.  I don't know how anyone survives without a sweet little doggie to love them back.   

John will be home on Friday and I'm fine to take care of myself.  Linda was a wonderful "transition" for me.  They took out my hospital bed while she was here and I would gradually do more and more things around the house.  I think I can honestly say that here, at the 5 week mark, I could not be any better.  I'm still slow and a bit unsteady on my feet.  However, half the time when I get up to walk I forget where my cane is.  I read somewhere that this is a good sign. Once I forget my cane....I know I'm walking better.

Now I have Jenny and Dave to look forward to coming for a visit.  They will be here June 11th.
They will go to Grant's wedding in Williamsburg and then they will fly to New Hampshire to Dave's sister's high school graduation, then back to Los Angeles.  I also have a visit from Jeff to look forward to in July.  LIFE IS GOOD!!!

1 comment:

  1. keep on trucking judy! if you like to truck that is. if you don't care too much for trucking then maybe just keep on doing something else.

    ReplyDelete