Monday, May 11, 2009

3 weeks since the surgery

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since the surgery.  I am getting better every day.  Getting out of bed and moving around is hard, but once I'm up I always feel better.  The physical therapist came today and said I was way ahead of schedule as far as range of motion and walking goes.  He says next time we are walking outside!!  He wants me to walk all the way around my cul-de-sac.  I told him I couldn't do that before the surgery at all.  So, this is going to be a challenge.  I did walk upstairs twice while he was here.  

Walking hurts!! Bending my knees hurts!!! but I do them.  I had a dream last night that I was walking without pain and I was so happy.  Don't get me wrong, it is getting better and the more I walk the easier it is. One thing I'm doing regularly now is letting the doggies out when they ask, so that is a step in the right direction.  My appetite is better and I'm beginning to see a little light at the end of the tunnel.  One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment