Monday, August 3, 2009

The Visit with my Son, the Scholar!!!

I sure do miss Jeff....we spent every waking moment together for 2 weeks. What a sweet and wonderful son I raised. I am also very pleased with the relationship he has with John...such respect (for each other)...

We did a little bit of everything. Jeff has started eating fish and so I went on a fish cooking frenzy and he tried flounder, talipia, rockfish, mahi mahi and others I can't even think of. We stayed up til the wee hours of the morning and slept in just about every day...shopped just about every day and the big thing that he did for me was clean out my storage room...wow!!!! We took about 16 bags of stuff to the good will and another 4 carloads full of stuff. My storage room looks GREAT..thanks to Jeff. He also cleaned out his closet and the drawers in his room. He worked like a maniac while he was here.

I got a new fancy phone and bluetooth and he taught me how to use all of the special features. Now I can tweet and facebook from anywhere. I'm keeping up with technology!!!

Tomorrow he leaves for Albuquerque, NM for a weeklong History Convention. Cal State Northridge is sending him there with all expenses paid. He has built up himself quite a reputation in the "academic history" world and is making tons of contacts by going to these conventions. There is a freeze on hiring teachers in California, so I think he is going to have to look elsewhere while he completes his Phd. It would be great if he could find something at a museum as a curator or something along that line. Time will tell what he does until the freeze is overwith.

I am a happy mama right now because I know how well he is doing...and Jenny and Dave have just moved into a temporary sublet for 3 months, then they will be looking for a permanent place. She is sub-letting her college roommate's place while the girl goes to India to work on a reality show.

No comments:

Post a Comment