Sunday, March 29, 2009

Since I named this blog...MY EXPERIENCE WITH BILATERAL KNEE REPLACEMENT, one would think that I'd start writing about the surgery to my knees. I still have a few weeks before that actually happens so there's not much else I can write about that until it happens. I can tell you something that is a royal pain in the ass.  You know how we always cross our legs at the knees? Well, it is a habit that is very difficult to break. I KNOW that every time I do it, I have trouble and lots of pain getting them uncrossed.  However, I still forget and do it all the time. I can't uncross them without literally lifting one leg off the other.  This is something that I hope will be fixed with the new knees.

I am going to have one adventure before the surgery.  Jenny is Directing her first full length play in Los Angeles and I just can't miss that. I know I will have to be in the wheel chair the entire trip, but Jeff will be on spring break and he has volunteered to help me get around.  I will be going to Los Angeles the 2nd week of April.  I hadn't planned on going because I knew how much trouble I would be.  However, there will only be ONE first time for Jenny and I don't want to miss that.  She had actually directed several things before, but they were college projects and one act plays.  This is more of the "big time".   

I want to do so much. I have always been such an independent person. I hate to rely on others to do things for me.  But now I can't go shopping, I can't just browse around because just getting to the car and in and out is so painful.  I daydream about all of this being over and being on the road to recovery.  I know I'll never walk like a person with perfectly healthy legs, because I will always have the ankle problems and the back problems.  All I ask is to just be able to walk as well as I could 6 or 7 years ago. 

John left today for Kasakstan.  I wonder if that is actually how you spell it?? So, he will be gone a few days.  I think this could be his last trip before the surgery. Not really sure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment