Saturday, March 28, 2009

Things are going downhill fast for me.  I really wanted to go get my bloodwork and chest xray today.  But somehow, I couldn't manage to even get out of bed.  My knees were bothering me so bad, it just wasnt' worth getting up.  The reason for this is because I was out and about yesterday. I didn't do much walking at all.  However, I was in my wheelchair and I did a lot of "crabwalking" in my chair.  Of course, I have to use my legs for this.  I used to "walk" around like this all the time and it never bothered me at all.  But today I'm paying for that little activity!!  As each day passes, I'm more and more ready to get this surgery done with.  I want to begin the rehab process.

I've also been doing all the daily exercises that are supposed to help me after the surgery.  But, the ones using my knees only make them hurt more.  I feed trapped here at home.  I'm so glad I decided to get both knees done at the same time.  I'm counting down the days.

2 comments:

  1. i'm rooting for you ... uh, the american definition of rooting, not australian (i'm married). you'll be kickboxing with your new robot knees before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you need to put the footrests back on your chair so you aren't tempted to do the crab!

    ReplyDelete